Please note: 2017 Applications are now closed. Please check back for 2018!
Thank you for your interest in offering a Workshop or Art Installation for the Summer Meltdown Family this August!
Summer Meltdown is excited to expand the ways you can contribute to the festival, and earn tickets as a volunteer for the event through your artistic, educational, or just plain fun idea.
Below, you will find detailed applications that will help the Meltdown team to understand your project and how it could best fit in at the event we all love! Your thorough and careful attention as you complete the submission process is a huge deal to us. We really appreciate it!
Applications are open now through June 4, 2017. Please note that selected projects may not be contacted until the last week of June!
Do’s and Don’ts
- • DO submit a careful proposal via the application form below before June 4, 2017
- • DON’T be intimidated by this big form – we are accepting ideas of all sizes and shapes. If your idea enthuses you, please apply!
- • DO be patient – you may not be contacted until after June 4, when submissions close
- • DO plan to have your friends involved if you need help – you can request volunteer tickets for up to five (5) team members
- • DON’T ask for more volunteer tickets than you need for the project. We are working with limited resources, and a large ticket ask may make the difference in selecting your project over another!
- • DO consider that your photos, project descriptions, personal statement, links, and more may be shared publicly if your project is selected!
- • DO plan to provide your own transportation to and from the festival
- • DON’T plan for a project that features food or beverages, drug references, vending of any kind, or any dangerous aspects
- • DO make sure your team is ready to be professional and committed to meeting all requests from the Meltdown team in a timely manner
- • DO allocate extra time and thought to the management of your project. Timeline and protocols will need to be in strict compliance with the festival-wide timeline. Failure to comply will be cause for early dismissal, and forfeiture of your volunteer tickets
- • DO smile. This is going to be fun. We’re beyond excited to work with some new faces (hopefully yours!) to make Meltdown even better in 2017!