Summer Meltdown presents The Meltdown Showdown – an invitation for regional acts to compete for a set at Summer Meltdown 2018! Melters – get a fresh taste of our mindblowingly talented music scene!!
PNW musical acts that have never played Meltdown before are invited to submit a video of their best performance. These acts will be listed on Summer Meltdown’s website for voting. The top 5 bands to receive the most votes will battle it out live at Summer Meltdown’s special Meltdown Showdown night on Thursday, May 17, at Nectar Lounge in Seattle. At the end of the night, the crowd will select a winning act to join the lineup!
At the end of the online voting period, the top 5 acts will receive…
- One (1) 25 minute set at Summer Meltdown’s final lineup announce party
- Weekend passes to Summer Meltdown 2018 for all performing band members
At the end of the final lineup announce party, one act will receive…
- One (1) 45 minute set at Summer Meltdown 2018
- $300 stipend to cover travel expenses to Summer Meltdown
Artist submissions are open now through March 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm pacific time! Online voting will begin on April 3 and end on April 29 at 11:59 pm pacific time. The top 5 acts will perform at the Meltdown Showdown Party on Thursday, May 17, at Nectar Lounge in Seattle. The winning act will be selected that night!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Read the rules below! We can’t accept entries if they don’t follow the rules!
2. Get with all your band members – is everyone available to perform the evening of Thursday, May 17 at Nectar?
3. Select a video of your best performance – or if you don’t have one, get filming!
4. Upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo and post it on your band’s Facebook page, making sure to tag Summer Meltdown Festival so we can share it with our community!
5. Submit your online application via the form below.
6. Spread the word to your fans that voting starts April 3!
1. A representative of the band seeking to perform must submit the application!
2. Please only submit one video.
3. Video may not contain any references to illicit activities.
4. Only performers featured in the video are eligible to receive tickets to Summer Meltdown.
5. This contest is for musical acts only – all genres of music are welcome to apply.
6. Any contestant submitting work that is not 100% their own will be disqualified.
7. Please submit a video of a LIVE PERFORMANCE, not a music video.
8. You must agree that you will not submit entries that are copyrighted, protected by trademark or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owners to submit the material to this contest.
9. You must agree that you will not submit entries that are false, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially offensive or otherwise annoying—or encouraging any criminal behavior—or give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate, as may be determined by Summer Meltdown.
10. Anyone suspected of cheating the voting system will be disqualified.