Summer Meltdown Festival presents The Meltdown Showdown!
For the chance to join our lineup, local music acts competed for your votes.
Five finalists performed at the Meltdown Showdown, a showcase of local talent at Nectar Lounge in Seattle, WA on May 9. By audience vote, Cytrus will be added to the Festival Lineup!
Presenting the contestants…
Perfect By Tomorrow
CHECK OUT THE SHOWDOWN RECAP VIDEO
At the end of the online voting period, the top 5 acts will receive…
- One (1) 25 minute set at Summer Meltdown’s Meltdown Showdown Event
- Weekend passes to Summer Meltdown 2019 for all performing band members
At the end of the final lineup announce party, one act will receive…
- One (1) 45 minute set at Summer Meltdown 2019
- Stipend to cover travel expenses to Summer Meltdown
Applications to perform in the Meltdown Showdown are open through April 2 at 11:59 pm PT.
The online voting period begins April 4 and ends April 28 at 11:59 pm PT.
The Showdown event is May 9 at Nectar Lounge in Seattle, and the winner will be announced that night!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Read the rules below! We can’t accept entries if they don’t follow the rules!
2. Get with all your band members – is everyone available to perform at the Showdown event?
3. Select a video of your best performance – or if you don’t have one, get filming!
4. Upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo and post it on your band’s Facebook page, making sure to tag Summer Meltdown Festival so we can share it with Melters!
5. Submit your online application via the form.
6. Spread the word to your fans!
1. A representative of the band seeking to perform must submit the application!
2. Please only submit one video.
3. Video may not contain any references to illicit activities.
4. Only performers listed in your application, featured in the video, AND on stage for at least 90% of your live set are eligible to receive tickets to Summer Meltdown.
5. This contest is for musical acts only – all genres of music are welcome to apply as long as they’ve never been on the Summer Meltdown Lineup before.
6. Any contestant submitting work that is not 100% their own will be disqualified.
7. Please submit a video of a LIVE PERFORMANCE, not a music video.
8. You must agree that you will not submit entries that are copyrighted, protected by trademark or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owners to submit the material to this contest.
9. You must agree that you will not submit entries that are false, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially offensive or otherwise annoying—or encouraging any criminal behavior—or give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate, as may be determined by Summer Meltdown.
10. Anyone suspected of cheating the voting system will be disqualified.
11. Anyone acting a fool with unkind behavior will be disqualified.