The Meltdown Showdown
Summer Meltdown presents The Meltdown Showdown – an invitation for local acts to compete for a set at Summer Meltdown 2020 while offering Meltdown fans a taste of our mindblowingly talented music scene!
Voting is now open!
More about the showdown
PNW musicmakers who have never played Meltdown before are invited to submit a video of their best performance. These acts will be listed on Summer Meltdown’s website for voting. The top 5 bands to receive the most votes will battle it out live at Summer Meltdown’s special Meltdown Showdown event, either at Nectar Lounge in Seattle, or online, depending on where the world is at when it’s time to bring the musical heat. At the end of the Showdown, the crowd will select a winning act to join the lineup!
At the end of the online voting period, the top 5 acts will receive…
- One (1) 25 minute set at Summer Meltdown’s final lineup announce party, or online equivalent
- Weekend passes to Summer Meltdown 2020 for all performing band members
At the end of the Meltdown Showdown event, one act will receive…
- One (1) 45 minute set at Summer Meltdown 2020
- $300 stipend to cover travel expenses to Summer Meltdown
Submissions are open March 5 thru Sunday, March 29 at 11:59 pm pacific time! Online voting will begin April 2 and end on April 24 at 11:59 pm pacific time. The top 5 acts will perform at the Meltdown Showdown on Thursday, May 21, at Nectar Lounge in Seattle, or we’ll do something online or at a mutually-agreed later date at Nectar. The winning act will be selected at the end of the Showdown by audience vote!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Read the rules below! We can’t accept entries if they don’t follow the rules!
2. Get with all your band members – is everyone available to perform the evening of Thursday, May 21 at Nectar? Are you able to do something online if that in-person event doesn’t work out?
3. Select a video of your best performance – or if you don’t have one, get filming!
4. Upload your video to Youtube and upload it on your band’s Facebook page, making sure to tag Summer Meltdown Festival so we can share it with our community!
5. Submit your online application via the form below.
6. Spread the word to your fans that voting starts April 2!
- A representative of the band seeking to perform must submit the application!
- Your act can’t have performed at Meltdown before.
- Your act can’t have competed at the previous year’s Meltdown Showdown (but any year prior to last year is fine!)
- Please only submit one video.
- Video may not contain any references to illicit activities.
- Only performers featured in the video and on stage for the majority of your showdown set are eligible to receive tickets to Summer Meltdown.
- This contest is for musical acts only – all genres of music are welcome to apply.
- Any contestant submitting work that is not 100% their own will be disqualified.
- You must agree that you will not submit entries that are copyrighted, protected by trademark or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owners to submit the material to this contest.
- You must agree that you will not submit entries that are false, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially offensive or otherwise annoying—or encouraging any criminal behavior—or give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate, as may be determined by Summer Meltdown.
- Anyone suspected of cheating the voting system will be disqualified.