Find all the Summer Meltdown Information you need to know here for camping and a good time. Please read this page carefully if it’s your first time joining us!
- Getting Here
- Festival Hours
- What To Expect
- Alcohol Policy
- Clean & Sober Camp
- Bring It With You!
- Leave It At Home!
- Frequently Asked Questions
Summer Meltdown is held at the Darrington Bluegrass Park, 1 1/2 hours Northeast of Seattle, or Southeast of Bellingham, WA. For more information on our home, visit our venue page.
Directions to Summer Meltdown:
- Take Exit 208 (Arlington)
- Head east on WA-530 for 3.7 miles.
- Take a left on WA-9
- Then an immediate right on W. Burke Ave.
- Continue straight on WA-530 for approximately 25 miles.
- Arrive at: 42501 WA-530, Darrington, WA 98241.
Plan your arrival at Meltdown! Gates open to all comers at 2pm on Thursday, and your camp site must be clean, and empty by 12 noon on Monday.
If you’re the lucky holder of a Early Bird Holiday Pass, you can arrive as early as 10am on Thursday. The only other way to get early arrival on Thursday morning is with the Mesa Deluxe Add On.
- Thursday: 2pm-10pm
- Friday: 10am-10pm
- Saturday: 10am-10pm
- Sunday: 10am-8pm
Please note: you can leave at any time, only arrivals are limited to gate hours.
What to Expect
Parking is charged per vehicle and valid for the entire weekend. All vehicles are subject to search upon entering the site. Vehicles parked in the general parking lot are allowed in-and-out privileges during gate hours. Please carpool!
Weather in Darrington, WA during mid-August can be unpredictable. Daytime temperatures range from 60 to 100 degrees and nighttime temperatures can drop drastically. Prepare to have fun, rain or shine!
Portable toilets and hand-washing stations are located throughout the campgrounds and venue. There is no electricity in the campgrounds. Showers will be available, please do not use soaps or shampoos in the river.
Guests are welcome to use the cell phone charging station provided onsite.
Ice and potable water are available for purchase inside the venue, and roving ice sales are offered throughout all campground areas.
An Emergency Medical Service team is available at all times. The EMS tent will be located next to the Security tent, please check the map for the exact location.
Unauthorized vending of any kind is not allowed. Sharing yes, selling, no. You know the difference! Click here for Summer Meltdown vending information.
Summer Meltdown-Themed Gift Policy
- You are welcome to make up to 100 free gift items, such as stickers or hat pins, that are themed after Summer Meltdown, to give away for free at the festival.
- These gift items cannot include the Summer Meltdown official logos or official graphics, or any close approximation to them. Please be creative and make something unique!
- Anyone caught selling anything who is not an official festival vendor may have their items confiscated.
- If you are displaying your gifts like a vendor, you will be asked to put them away. If you do not comply your gifts may be confiscated.
- Unauthorized giveaway items using the official Summer Meltdown logos and graphics may not be allowed into the festival.
- Excessive giveaway items themed after Summer Meltdown may not be allowed into the festival.
- Unauthorized raffles are prohibited.
- Alcohol is permitted in the campground for attendees 21+. Valid ID is required to bring in, purchase, or consume alcohol and must be available upon request.
- What you can bring: 1 case of beer (24 cans) per person, AND 1.75 liters of liquor (in a plastic bottle) per person, AND 1 box of wine per person per car. NO GLASS. Anything in excess of the permitted amount will be confiscated by security. Please be responsible, we don’t want to take your stuff!
- Alcohol for purchase: Alcohol may be purchased at the designated Beer Garden by persons 21+ with proof of valid ID.
- No open containers are permitted in the general public areas – personal campground and garden stage beer garden only!
- No Kegs
Clean & Sober Camping
Camp Traction offers the opportunity to camp with like-minded folks who love festivals, and choose to be clean and sober at them. To join Camp Traction, email Jillian at email@example.com with the subject line “Summer Meltdown Sober Camp”!
Bring It With You!
- Non-glass water bottle
- Camping gear (tent, tarp, sleeping bags, etc.)
- Lantern/flashlight/headlamp with extra batteries
- Flag or banner to identify your campsite
- Extra set of keys
- Rain gear (the party goes on, rain or shine!)
- Hat or bandana
- Warm Hoodie
- Extra pair of shoes
- Bug spray (we recommend going DEET-free!)
- Biodegradable plastic bags for trash
- Extra toilet paper (you never know)
- Eco-friendly soap and shampoo
- Blanket for seating
- Earplugs (for sleeping or for when the music is jamming!)
- And last but not least, a Costume for Saturday Night!
Leave it at Home!
IMPORTANT: The following items are NOT PERMITTED in the campground or festival grounds under any circumstance (and remember, we search every vehicle). These items may be confiscated and may not be returned. Many confiscated items are donated to a local charity.
- No glass containers of any kind (this includes wine bottles, beer bottles, drinking glasses, peanut butter jars, etc.)
- No pets (no matter how cute or tiny!)
- No glowsticks
- No laser pens or other focused-light devices
- No drones
- No fireworks
- No weapons
- No illegal substances
- No gasoline
- No generators
- No gas, wood, or charcoal grills (small propane camping stoves are ok!)
- No personal motorized vehicles (including scooters, golf carts, ATVs, powered skateboards, etc.)
- No professional photography equipment or cameras with detachable lenses (point-and-shoots without additional lenses are fine)
- No box trucks or trailers (camping trailers are okay, but will be considered RVs)
- No open fires
- No candles