Summer Meltdown provides the following accommodations for patrons with disabilities:
- ADA accessible parking and camping
- ADA compliant port-o-potties
- Service animals permitted
Should you have questions about any of the following information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To camp in the ADA Campground, please click here to register.
ADA Parking & Camping
Please note that Summer Meltdown requires an ADA placard for accessible parking/camping unless you have a visible mobility injury such as a broken leg. Campground is indicated on the festival map.
Please note: if you wish to park your vehicle at your campsite, you will need to purchase a Car Camping Pass or RV Camping Pass. If you wish to park in ADA parking, you will need a General Parking Pass.
To reserve an ADA parking or camping space: fill out the form below and someone from our team will contact you to to confirm your reservation at least one month prior to the event.
Wheelchairs and Electric Scooters
Please note that while the festival allows and reasonably accommodates wheelchairs and electric scooters, our event is located at an outdoor venue that has varying terrain, including grassy, uneven, and muddy surfaces. Motorcycles, golf carts, and four wheelers are not allowed.
Summer Meltdown welcomes and supports the rights and attendance of all persons with disabilities that rely on the special skills of a trained service animal.
What we DO NOT support is pets being misrepresented by their owners as service animals. Please leave your pet at home.
SERVICE ANIMAL DEFINITION
A ‘service animal’ means “any animal that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. The work or tasks performed by a service animal must be directly related to the handler’s disability.”
Most emotional support animals do not qualify as service animals per the above legal definition.
SERVICE ANIMAL POLICIES
Patrons with service animals, please note these policies:
- We reserve the right to remove and/or refuse access to any service animal from the campgrounds or venues if that animal is deemed to be a health or safety threat to festival patrons, staff, or other service animals, or is found in violation of the policies listed here.
- Service animals must be accompanied by the handler with the disability.
- Service animals must be under the control and supervision of their handler at all times.
- Service animals are not permitted to be left in camp unattended under any circumstances.
- Handlers are required to be prepared for, and clean-up after, their service animals at all times.
- All service animals must be credentialed by the Meltdown staff (see procedures below).
- Please note that all service dogs, including those from out of state, are subject to local dog ordinances, which includes a valid rabies certificate.
SERVICE ANIMAL PROCEDURES
All service animals will need to be credentialed by our staff before entering the main gate. This process will be performed quickly and respectfully by our Box Office staff.
Once you arrive at Summer Meltdown, inform our Parking staff that you require a service animal credential. You will then be directed to park in our temporary parking lot, near our Box Office. At the Box Office, our staff will speak with you, record your contact information, and provide a collar tag for your service animal. Security Staff will be on the lookout for each animal to have a properly credentialed Summer Meltdown collar tag.
Remember, trained Service Animals are allowed, all other pets are not!